I’m sure everyone within our so-called “profession” has by now heard the news concerning what occurred in Louvain with the firing of Stéphane Mercier.
Over at the DailyNous, at present there is only one post on the topic. Leiter hasn’t even touched it. Compare that to the amount of coverage DailyNous and Leiter devoted to the Cheryl Abbate affair, which consisted largely of rushing to her defense. For sane philosophers to sit idly by in the hopes that it won’t get worse isn’t going to work anymore. Do you really think for a second that the hordes of chaos have any intention of letting up? Yes, they suffered an embarrassment when the Ludlow job blew up in their face. No matter: they’ll still proceed full steam ahead.
If you disagree, consider what we have all been conditioned to tolerate as par for the course, and what no one in the profession is still willing to criticize openly:
Yale just hired a narcissist for being confused about her gender, while Louvain fired Mercier for standing up for the lives of the unborn. That, I would say, summarizes the pathetic state of the modern University today.
This is a sick and dying profession, and all the moral cowards who sat by for years and said and did nothing, just hoping it would magically go away, well, there’s no escaping reality now. You didn’t want to risk your job, and now, because of your cowardice, you very well might have it taken from you anyway.
The fact is that you reap what you sow, and the chickens have come home to roost.
If you do somehow manage to end up making it safely to retirement by not fighting back, well, good for you, but the price may well be your soul.
- At the Heart of Progressivism - October 10, 2017
- Do not as we say, lest you be like us - September 23, 2017
- The Lie System: How the University Manufactures a False Reality - September 20, 2017
- First They Came… - April 19, 2017
- “Fake news” and the strong delusion: who’s deluded? - December 1, 2016
- Clinton, Wikileaks, and Spirit Cooking - November 8, 2016
- “Anyone but Trump”? No, no thank you, not when a vote for Clinton is a vote for Satan - November 2, 2016