A new paper on gender effects in philosophy: “Market outcomes starting in 2014 and going back 10 years offer no evidence women are at a disadvantage in tenure-track competitions. The same can be said for the other objective measures that were examined including publishing and the reputations of home and hiring departments. No statistically significant evidence that pervasive dysfunction in departmental cultures is harming early career market outcomes of budding women philosophers could be found.” (emphasis added)
‘Closing EU borders will lead to inbreeding, German finance minister warns‘. Hey, maybe it’s true, what with the European reproductive rate.
Might charges of antisemitism lose their bite? See here.
Note to feminists: it’s not enough to hate men. You have to make sure to hate whitey too. Sophia Coppola slammed at Cannes.
The Southern Baptist Convention adopted a resolution against the alt-right, and The Gospel Coalition says that the alt-right is “idolatry”. See here.
Betsy Devos is making changes at the DOE.
If only James Hodgkinson’s radical leftism was caught early on, like this “radicalized” 18 year old.
- Free Agents Killmister and Ripley to Monash - June 21, 2017
- Basket of Deplorable Links - June 17, 2017
- A Look at the Philosophy Behind the Hypatia Affair - June 12, 2017
- Imre Lakatos Critiques Marxism - June 4, 2017
- A New Philosophy Resource - May 30, 2017
- Changes Coming - May 18, 2017
- Hypatia: A Bridge Too Far? - May 10, 2017
- Earth Day - April 23, 2017
- Quick Reaction: Was the Syria Strike Morally Permissible?* - April 8, 2017
- A Response to Jenkins and Ichikawa: If You Like Your Mononormativity, You Can Keep Your Mononormativity - March 25, 2017