It’s hard to believe that a full year has gone by, but today is the first anniversary of Rightly Considered! We started this blog out of frustration with how nothing close to our views received any articulation, let alone discussion, on any of the other general philosophy blogs. We wanted to create a platform for right-leaning philosophers to find and talk to each other. In the first year we did 164 posts, and we gained some new contributors along the way. In case you are relatively new to the blog, here is a snapshot of who we are and what we do. We kicked things off with this self-description post and gained notoriety from Swinburne-gate. Some of our most popular posts include ‘Nagging Philosophy Shrews and Their Enablers‘, ‘Why the Alt-Right is Ult-Wrong‘, and ‘Did Columbus Commit Genocide?‘
In addition to these, we have other important critiques of the political state of professional philosophy, or of events throughout the past year. These include a critique of Leiter Reports and Daily Nouse, criticisms of the American Philosophical Association, responses to feminist philosophy and its chief representatives, an in-depth book review of The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness begun here and continued here, reaction to the Hypatia affair, discussion of of the phenomenon of implicit bias, and a debate on the ethics of eating animals (here, here, and here).
In year two, we look forward to continuing to annoy the academic left.
- The Leadership of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, DACA, and the Common Good - September 21, 2017
- Happy Birthday, Rightly Considered! - August 26, 2017
- A Message for Leftist Professors from Jason Stanley - August 16, 2017
- Basket of Deplorable Links - August 11, 2017
- Free Agents Killmister and Ripley to Monash - June 21, 2017
- Basket of Deplorable Links - June 17, 2017
- A Look at the Philosophy Behind the Hypatia Affair - June 12, 2017
- Imre Lakatos Critiques Marxism - June 4, 2017
- A New Philosophy Resource - May 30, 2017
- Changes Coming - May 18, 2017